Pancreatology A Clinical Casebook
The field of clinical pancreatology has been transformed in the last several years by many notable developments in almost all aspects of care. The discovery and application of genetic markers has revolutionized the diagnosis of pancreatitis and helped to better define prognosis and treatment options. Minimally invasive endoscopic and surgical techniques have allowed patients to undergo complex procedures with faster recoveries.
The development of total pancreatectomy with islet cell transplant has revolutionized therapy of benign pancreatic disease and offered hope to many patients previously thought to be incurable. As with other complex disease processes, the optimal care of the patient requires a dedicated team approach.
This clinical casebook provides a comprehensive, state-of the-art review and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons, researchers, and technology companies interested in caring for patients with pancreatic disease. It is focused on the diagnosis and early detection of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, including new developments in the field of genetics. Updates in the management of acute pancreatitis in the hospitalized patients are addressed.
1. Risk Factors for Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
2. Hereditary Pancreatitis
3. Hospital Management of Acute Pancreatitis
4. Acute Biliary Pancreatitis
5. Classification and Management of Pancreatic Cysts
6. Medical and Endoscopic Management of Chronic Pancreatitis
7. Complications of Acute Pancreatitis
8. Endoscopic Therapy for Complications of Acute Pancreatitis
9. Autoimmune Pancreatitis
10. Diagnosis and Screening for Pancreatic Malignancy
11. Hereditary Pancreatic Cancer
12. Optimizing Nutrition for the Patient after Pancreaticoduodenectomy: Pancreatic Insufficiency
13. Palliative Care and Pancreatic Disease
14. Staging Diagnostic Laparoscopy for Localized Pancreatic Cancer
15. Neoadjuvant Multimodality Therapy for Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Head Cancer
16. Drainage and Resection Surgery for Pancreatitis
17. Pancreatectomy with Islet Autotransplant
Title: Pancreatology A Clinical Casebook
Authors: Timothy B. Gardner, Kerrington D. Smith