The goals for the second edition of Textbook of Immunology are to provide a brief, accurate and updated presentation of those aspects of immunology that are of particular significance in the fields of clinical infections,
diagnostic immunology, vaccinology, transplantation immunology and in other allied fields of biological sciences.
• Presents an updated and complete textbook in all aspects.
• Covers history of immunology, hostmicrobe relationship and disease process, basic immunology, diagnostic immunology, immune response, immunopathological disorders, immunohematology, immunological tolerance, transplantation immunology, tumor immunology, immunity against bacteria, parasites, viruses, fungi, etc.
and other interesting topics such as immunodeficiency states with special reference to HIV, the details of the cytokines in relation to classification, biological functions, cytokine receptors, cytokine antagonists, cytokinerelated diseases and prospects, etc.
• Includes illustrative graphics, colored diagrams, flow charts and tables as and where required to make the text lucid and interesting.
• Study questions at the end of each chapterperfect for classroom learning and preparation for tests.
• Spans the curricula of medical, dental and other allied courses (basic and applied)
• Helpful for doctors, researchers, teachers and students.
1. A Short History of Immunology
2. Hostmicrobe Relationship and Disease Process
5. Antigen Recognition Molecules
6. Antigenantibody Reactions
7. Complement System
8. Cells and Tissues of the Immune System
9. Immune Response
10. Immunological Tolerance
13. Immunodeficiency Disorders
14. Tumor Immunology
15. Transplantation Immunology
17. Immunoprophylaxis Vaccines
18. Immunity in Parasitic, Viral, Bacterial and Fungal Infections
Author: Mohanty Sunil Kumar, Leela K Sai